Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I want to go to the walking trail but it is so hot and humid. This area is in need of a slow steady rain for about a week. I want to walk with a little jogging about 3-4 days a week, bike one day and do weight DVDs 3 days. The weights I can handle. I love weights much more than the walking and jogging but those are good for my heart and fat loss. Muscles burn calories even at rest but I need the cardio too. I want to eat better and now that I have Diet Power on my newer computer I can log my daily food intake. Notice, I said I can. Will I? I am going to try. I purchased some meal replacement shake mix from GNC. At 200 calories I am going to have that as an afternoon snack. I bought Cookies and Creme which is ok, will prob use in yogurt or in a recipe. I also bought Banana which is awesome. This is the one I will go back for when on sale or I have a coupon. I need to create a meal plan that works for me. I am setting a goal for myself. After going outside to my storage bldg this morning and seeing the boxes and boxes of smaller size clothes, I have decided that by Nov 1 either I will be down to size 4 again or I will give the clothes away. I Can and I Will get back into those clothes. I know I will feel better with this roll gone from my waist, I will be healthier, I will feel more energetic, I will be happier with myself. I have to do this on my own, without the benefit of a workout partner or group. This will challenge me to be stronger within as an individual but thats ok. I need to do this for me. Healthy competition is good but when there is no one to spur me on I will have to spur myself. I did not want to get up this morning and go to the trail but I did. I almost turned around at the qtr mile marker to go back home but I didn't, I walked 1.5 miles, putting one foot in front of the other and thinking about other things besides how much farther I had to go. About an hour after getting home I put on an aerobic DVD and did it, much more fun, and a heck of a lot cooler. In the summer its too hot and in the winter too cold. Gotta do what works for me. While I think I would like to run, I believe I would get bored with myself and that the music that motivates me would become just noise. My pastor says I am easily bored and thats why I create odd food combos. I like a plan. I love it when a plan comes together but yet I get bored with too long a plan. So I am going to break things down into smaller pieces. I am going to go with one plan for 90 days then a different plan for 90 days. Kinda gives me a light at the end of my tunnel and something to look fwd to. When I go on vacation I like to have something planned for when I get back so that its not such a let-down its-over mental thing.
Be Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment