Thursday, June 17, 2010

Banana Pudding


In 8C microwaveable bowl, stir together:
1 1/2 C sugar and 1/2 C flour.

Using a mixer, blend in:
4C 1% milk
1C Egg Beaters
2tsp Vanilla extract (I use Vanilla, Butter and Nut Extract)
Microwave on high in 2 minute intervals, mixing in between each interval, for a total of 10-12 minutes. Mixture should be hot and not too thick. Allow to cool some before layering.

Pour enough pudding in dish to cover bottom then layer:
vanilla wafers, bananas, pudding finishing with vanilla wafers or meringue.

If you choose to make a meringue:
Beat 3 egg whites with 1/4 tsp cream of tartar until soft peaks from. Gradually beat in 1/4C sugar until stiff. Spread over pudding; seal to edge. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
My son likes bananaless pudding so being the sweet mom that I am :) I made him 2 small puddings

2 comments:

  1. Is this healthy? If so, I will DEFINITELY be a daily follower! Thanks for the recipe. Looks great, Sis! Love your new blog, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's healthier than the original recipe. This one is made with lower fat milk and no egg yolks so the fat content is less. The sugar can be reduced and can add splenda but it's just not as good. Moderation is the key to enjoying treats. I like to make something like this and take it to potluck where I can share.

    ReplyDelete